Monday, August 20, 2012

Assignment 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KHmwawEiBkc

*Credits to Michelle Arriaga*

              I'm taking this course because I wanted a challenge. I feel like if the classes I take are too easy then I lose interest in them and don't put as much effort into it, for some odd reason. Also, for the short amount of time that I was in Dr. Preston's class sophmore year I loved it! I'm not trying to be a sycophant either. I truly do enjoy the way that he teaches and goes about things. He doesn't treat you like a kid like every other teacher that insists they are readying you for college, but then treats you like you're a five year old.
            I'm excited about taking this class to challenge myself. I feel like the things that this class makes you think about makes you have to actually think! Who could have though, right? Plus, the kids in this class are okay with doing just that so you know that your thinking won't be a waste of time since "No one did the project, let's move on." I'm nervous because I think of myself as a pretty intellectual person, but when I'm put beside some of these people I feel like I don't always meet up to some of the accomplishments they've had. The thought scares me. No one likes to feel inferior to anyone.
         My goals for this course is not to get an A. I want to actually learn something more than just the typical English 4 curriculum and I think I'll do just that. Like I said, this class actually makes you think. I feel like when I do the journals that I get to know myself better too because I actually take the whole thing into consideration. I think my knowledge and thinking will be improved because things will be shown to us in a new light. We will be able to see that school doesn't have to be just pen and paper and that school really is changing, and changing fast. It will give us a better understanding on what learning really is. I also think that it will motivate most of us to do things not just for ourselves, but for others. It's already made me think twice about my future career and if there was something else that I could to that could reach more people. The world is a huge place and I don't want to be just another person who doesn't help the problem, I want to be part of the solution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment