Monday, August 20, 2012

Numero Dos

Not having read the book I'm hoping to twist this a little to bit to fit my current knowledge. So here goes nothing.

       What goes on inside is just too fast and huge and all interconnected for words to do more than barely sketch the outlines of at most one tiny little part of it at any given instant.

To me this isn't too hard to decipher if you break it down. What is happening inside you, your body, and mainly, your mind, is way beyond anything that can truly be put into words. There are so many things happening simultaneously that it's hard to even comprehend how are bodies are capable of doing so.  That being said, I do agree. I think that you can explain it if you really wanted to, yes, but that's not what I'm looking at. It's more of something that you can't even begin to comprehend. Yes, you could have a list of things that happens and how so, but can you really comprehend all of that happening at the same time? I'm not so sure.
     Like I said, I didn't read the book nor was I there for the essay so I'm still winging this. Interruptions affect pretty much everyone's thought process. You are on a roll and your brain is finally working and cranking things out and then the teacher announces "Sorry to interrupt you all, but we have about five minutes left in class so try to wrap up your final thoughts." No one thinks, oh back to my train of thought without actually having to consciously do so. You think for a moment, recall, and if you're good under pressure or almost done then you proceed. Either way, it's been interrupted.
    Since most of the time that I write an essay on demand they all go the same I'm confident when I say that I would have liked to reread, edit and do a final copy that was nicely written. It's always the same, and actually seeing it in writing makes me realize that I should probably do something about it. Like I said in the first assignments post, you learn about yourself when you think and write.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment